Track your WordPress site easily and with lots of metadata: views per author & category, automatic tracking of outbound clicks and pageviews.
The Google Analytics for WordPress plugin allows you to track your blog easily and with lots of metadata.
Full list of features:
- Simple installation through integration with Google Analytics API: authenticate, select the site you want to track and you’re done.
- This plugin uses the asynchronous tracking code, the fastest and most reliable tracking code Google Analytics offers.
- Option to manually place the tracking code in another location.
- Outbound link & downloads tracking.
- Configurable options to track outbound links either as pageviews.
- Option to track just downloads as pageviews.
- Allows usage of custom variables to track meta data on pages. Support for the following custom variables:
- Single category and / or multiple categories
- Post type (especially useful if you use custom post types)
- Logged in users
- Publication Year
- Possibility to ignore any user level and up, so all editors and higher for instance.
- Easily connect your AdSense and Analytics accounts.
- Option to tag links with campaign tracking, with the option to use hashes (#).
- Option anonymize IP’s, for use in countries like Germany.
- Full debug mode, including Firebug lite and ga_debug.js for debugging Analytics issues.
- Allow local hosting of ga.js file.
- Tracking non default search engines
- Tracking of login and registration forms.
Other interesting stuff:
- Check out the other WordPress plugins by the same author.
- Want to increase traffic to your WordPress blog? Check out the WordPress SEO Guide!
- Check out the authors WordPress Hosting experience. Good hosting is hard to come by, but it doesn’t have to be expensive, Joost tells you why!
- If you’ve still not seen enough, or you’d rather listen than read, check out the WordPress Podcast, hosted by the author of this plugin and Frederick Townes, the creator of W3 Total Cache.